Our Progressive Values
- Schools that give all students an opportunity to reach their full potential.
- Universal health care, affordable housing, and an adequate living wage.
- Public transportation systems that combine convenience and environmental protections.
- Land use policies that are sustainable, serve residents, and don't overburden our infrastructure.
- Effective protection against crime, stressing prevention, community involvement and fairness.
- Measures that assure a greater voice for all, such as campaign finance and voting reforms.
- Fairness, civil rights, and equality for all regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, income, sexual orientation or immigrant status.
Progressive Neighbors Steering Committee
The members of the steering committee have been active for many years in a wide variety of progressive causes both locally and nationally (on issues of peace, education, housing, labor, gender, health care, civil rights, democracy, environment, and transportation). The members of the group include:
For further information about Progressive Neighbors including news media or blog contacts, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com . Postal mail may be sent to Progressive Neighbors, c/o Wally Malakoff, 8022 Maple Ave., Takoma Park, MD 20812.